Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Organization Is Key


So lately I've been in the organizing mood and I just can't stop! From my pantry to my house to now my makeup bag, and let me tell you it got crazy. Apparently, I'm a makeup hoarder and am in need of an intervention...bad. I have so much makeup it's ridiculous and needed a way to keep everything in order and neat. I had so many little containers of neutralizers and concealers and just couldn't figure out a way to make life (and consultations) easier.

It then hit me like a brick! I needed a palette. Heaven forbid, adding another palette to my bulging, over filled makeup case is exactly what I needed, but it also eliminates a ton of hassle and anxiety caused by all the small, individual containers I had. So I took steps to make this happen and here's the process:


Here they are.... the culprits to all anxiety filled makeup kit moments. Ok, ok maybe it's not that bad, but sometimes I do just want punt these things right out the window.  "Tell us how ya really feel, Perry...." You can probably feel my frustration right about now and I can't stress enough how happy I am to have done this.

To get this project accomplished, these are all of the supplies that I needed (yes, wine included). I used an empty palette container from a makeup store I shop at :), a silver sharper with a fine tip, a spatula, and the makeup.

You'll want to use a small makeup spatula instead of a knife for this only because the individual trays that the makeup is going in are very small and this will help control the mess and save on product.

 Use the silver sharpie to write on the outside of each individual tray to show which product is which.


After much anticipation and being covered in concealer/neutralizer from head to toe, this is THE final product. It's a very tedious and messy (to say the least) project to do, but the end result is amazing and so worth it! It's so nice to have everything in one spot and I can just grab it and go when I'm on a job. Can't wait to try this baby out!

What do y'all think? What are some organization tips or tricks that you've done?

1 comment:

  1. cool! You can use this bad boy next Thursday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete