Thursday, January 26, 2012

Prime Time

It's mind boggling to think how many products are out on the market today. It almost makes your head spin and not to mention the amount of competition between all of them. Sheesh! Well, yesterday I went to the streets (well, technically I went to the makeup counter in my bathroom) and wanted to see which, of all the primers out there, is the best.

 So many primers, so little time....so I decided to do a little "product-off" of my very own. I took two of what I think are some of the best primers on the market and tested them out for a day: Nars Pro-Prime and Makeup ForEver's HD Primer. I love both of these products individually, but yet they both do their own thang. Nars Pro-Prime is a creamy liquid primer that helps minimize pore size and helps control the oil on the skin. Makeup ForEver's HD Primer is fabulous and probably one of my favorite products of all time. It helps with oil control and helps smooth out your makeup. Both of these products help makeup stay on longer and helps keep makeup from settling into pores.


To start my experiment, I washed and dried my face. I then added my eye cream for the day (preventative reasons of course y'all). Then I added a touch of moisturizer with SPF 45 to ward off premature aging and wrinkles (no bueno).

One of the few times you'll see
 me without my face on :)
I then applied the Nars Pro-Prime to the right side of my face and Makeup ForEver HD Primer to the left side of my face. I then continued on with applying my makeup for the day and instantly started to see a difference between the two. I noticed the Nars primer stayed a bit moist even after applying it, which I love because it helps make your makeup not look cakey and makes the skin nice and healthy looking. The Makeup ForEver stayed creamy for a bit, but dried quicker than the Nars primer.


The winner of the day goes to......Nars Pro-Prime. Love!! After it was all said and done, the Nars primer conquered all. I noticed a visible difference in pore size and it felt like silk when I touched my face. I've used the Makeup ForEver Primer for a while now and it really is a great primer, but I'm definitely going to have to switch it up and start my day off right with the Nars Pro-Prime primer.

What do you guys think? Have you ever tried these products? What's your go-to primer?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Perry! Funny that you posted this today; I was just thinking about primers.. and that new BB cream that I've been hearing about! The one I'm looking at is Smashbox BB Cream. Have you used this? People are talking about it like it's the best thing in the world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't tried it, but I have seen tons of advertising and people saying it's awesome stuff. I love the B.B. Cream by Boscia! I swear by that stuff! I'm definitely going to try and see what all the hype is about with the Smashbox B.B. Cream. Maybe another "product-off" is in my near future:) Thanks girl!

      Delete
  2. HEYYY! I have the Nars primer and I LOVE, it does make my face super soft too! Good choice! :)

    ReplyDelete