Monday, February 6, 2012

Glitter Me Pink

I'm so ready for spring to be here. Especially since living in Florida and our winter has literally felt like summer, I just want it to be official. There's nothing like wearing shorts while other parts of the country are bundled up to their eyeballs. I almost feel a little guilty about it....almost. 


After a fun-filled weekend of BBQ festivities and Super Bowl hype, I found a little time for myself and wanted to amp up my "hand style" a little bit. I've been rocking the whole dark color scene for the winter season, but I'm ready to break out from the dreary months. 


Pale pink is one of my absolute favorite colors to have on the nails. It makes them look longer, and more delicate looking and of course GORGEOUS! Instead of the norm of a regular pink and leaving it at that, I wanted to make my nails look extra flashy for a change. 


Orly Bonder and Orly Glosser
I was reading about these products by Orly by a fellow blogger and decided to try it out. She swears by Orly Bonder and Orly Glosser during any of her manicure sessions and I can now understand where she's coming from. The Bonder is amazing in that it literally bonds your favorite nail polish to your nail and prevents chipping in the long run. The Glosser is great too! It helps keep nails super glossy and helps the nails dry faster. What woman doesn't want that?! 


OPI in Step Right Up and
 Sephora by OPI in Only Gold For Me




I love incorporating different styles in my life and in parts of my life. This glitter topcoat by OPI is one of my favorite new indulges right now. It gives an immaculate looking manicure a little spice for a change. Love love love!




The end result = So pretty!


I started by adding the Orly Bonder to the nails to have the lacquer attach to. I then added  2-3 coats of my favorite OPI nail color (a delicious creamy pink color) to get the precise layering that I like. I only added the Sephora by OPI nail glitter to my ring finger be a little funky and offset the usual. I added a topcoat of the Orly Glosser to each nail except the glittered nail, only because the glittered nail color is also a top coat. How awesome?!?! 


I highly recommend trying this out and even trying it out with different nail colors underneath. There are so many options and so many looks out in the world today, but this is one of my favorite looks that is great for any season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment